Sunday, November 6, 2016

Snorkeling with Friends

Beach where we went snorkeling.  The first place we went was closed, so this was second choice.  It rained briefly before we went in.  You can't tell by the sunny skies, but it's rainy and sunny all the time.

The blue flippers are mine.

In order to get past the sharp coral, you have to follow these pipes.  I think they are fiber optic cables, but I don't remember.

This is where it gets deep enough to leave the pipeline and start snorkeling.  The pipes were cool.

My friends dove a lot.  They are both scuba divers.  I'm not.  I'm sure I'll go eventually, but I don't think it will be my thing.

She picked up a starfish.

The water was a little murky, so most of the pictures I took turned out a little... eh.  But this is nice of the coral.

This area had deep caverns filled with sand.  I don't know how they were formed, but the coral was around and then the caverns just went down.  Not too far, you could dive to the bottom.

As my friends proved.  They dove down.

Fish highway!

She is pointing to a long, skinny fish.  I couldn't really see it, so I took a picture.  So for my loyal blog viewers- go find the fish!

These random fish were always following you for some reason. You'd turn around and there they were.  They would scatter in front of you and then follow behind.
I went snorkeling with some friends from work.  I should do it more often.  But they like scuba diving more.  So, I'm left to snorkel when I can.  We went around the first week of October or so.  We went to "the Beach Bar" which, aptly named, is a bar on the beach.  They have a large parking lot and lots of people go there to snorkel and dive.  I didn't eat a good breakfast, so I got a little sea sick.  The water was a little rough, hence the lack of visibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment