Sunday, November 13, 2016
Fishing trip
On Thursday I took off of work to go fishing. I was a last minute invite. Another office was going, but see previous post about having people travel a lot. So they were down a person and needed someone to go. It was fun, except we only caught two fish. So that was disappointing. I also got a little sea sick. I took a dramamine, but I think I took it too late. So I eventually slept on the boat for about 20 minutes and then felt better.
Work has been really busy lately, so I didn't know if I could go until last minute. Our boss had to write his boss an email about the problem I had been working on and on Wednesday afternoon, he said, "come to my office tomorrow so we can work on this email to my boss." I paused for a second and then said, "but I was going to go fishing tomorrow." My boss looks at me and says, "really? where is your leave chit? are you requesting special liberty?" Then he and the other two people started to laugh. My boss then said, "it's a good thing I have a flexible schedule so I can allow my junior officers to go fishing." He stayed and wrote the email that night. He's a good boss.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment