Sunday, November 27, 2016

Thanksgiving II and III




Thanksgiving II was at work.  I don't have any pictures of that.  Basically, we all brought dishes and the command purchased several turkeys.  They deep fried them.  But the weren't cooked.  So we all ate side dishes for about an hour until the turkeys finished cooking.  Needless to say, there was lots of left over turkey.  The best part was this other officer who is probably 6'5" and 250.  Bald head, big everywhere.  I'm trying to think who he looks like because there is definitely some character actor he looks like.  Anyway, he hunts wild hogs in the 400 lbs range with a spear.  I've seen him in civilian clothes and he wears T-shirts with the sleeves ripped off.  He's a big, tough guy.  And he made cupcakes.  Not just any cupcakes, but cupcakes with special chocolate centers.  Where you have to scoop out the cake in the middle and put special chocolate truffle or whatever on the inside.  I talked to him about it and he said, "I just love cooking."  Ummm... okay.  Not the guy I would picture in an apron frosting cupcakes, but he did.  Several dozen of them.

Thanksgiving III was on Thanksgiving day.  Those are the pictures.  The girl in the orange dress top and middle picture and the guy in the teal shirt bottom picture were the hosts.  The husband works downstairs from me.  So I know him.  I don't know his wife that well, but she does some kind of healthcare work.  Not sure if she is a provider, like a nurse, or an administrator.  After dinner, we all gathered around the TV and played some sort of game.  Apparently there is a way to connect your smartphone to the TV and play games.  There was a trivia game where you selected the answer on your smartphone.  If you didn't get it right, you had to compete in some sort of challenge with the other players in order to stay alive.  The last person standing was the winner.  Another game, you had to draw pictures on your phone like pictionary.  Another was making up answers to questions.  So it was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment