Sunday, October 30, 2016

Halloween Part 2










This is Halloween part 3.  Part 2 was the church trunk or treat, but I don't have pictures.  I did the same thing as the command trunk or treat.  All the stars had science questions on them.  (The stars hanging had famous scientists on them.)  I asked them to the kids.  It. Was.  Awesome.  There the kids are, running around like crazy trying to get as much candy as possible and suddenly I say "Hey kids!  You want some Halloween candy?"  "Yes!" they exclaim.  "Good, answer a science question and you can have the candy!"  Then crickets.  They just stare at you not knowing what to say.  Some kids were really into it.  Especially age 8 and up.  The really small ones just wanted to play with the star.  But the slightly older kids kept asking the questions to each other.  Once they figured out I was serious, they took it seriously and tried to answer the question.  There was a fourteen year old at church whose parents are raising him right.  He said "you have the best trunk or treat because everyone is just giving the candy away, but you are making them work for it.  People shouldn't get something for free."  I thought that was funny.  That kid is going places.  These pictures are from our command Halloween party.  It went really well considering we had a budget of $200.00. We did run out of food, but it was still a cool thing.

I should mention the stars all had Nerds candy taped to them.  So I gave them all science Nerds.  Haha, it's funny, get it?  The answer was on the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment