So I'm sitting at work one day doing my thing and one of my co-workers comes by and says, JAG, you have to come play golf with us. We don't have enough people. I reminded him how bad I was and he said it didn't matter right now they needed numbers. The reason they needed numbers is because it was a tournament and you have to have people to be on your team. So I went. It was super fun. When you play tournament style, you play off the best shot. Meaning even though I was bad, I still got to golf, but didn't have to live with the consequences. This was my first time playing all 18 holes. Around hole 15 it started feeling long. I did get better as time went along.
The funniest part of golfing was I had a Forrest Gump moment. My ball went wayward and hit a fence. I went to go get it and when I bent over to pick up my ball, I was stung by two angry boonie bees! Right in the butt. It was painful and embarrassing. Especially since one of my teammates went to work the next day and told the entire staff because he thought it was funny. Oh well, it's a good memory. I look forward to more tournaments.
From the pics you can tell that Guam is beautiful. If it weren't so hot all the time, it really would be paradise.














No comments:
Post a Comment