Sunday, September 11, 2016
The mid point
About 11 miles into the 21 mile walk, there is a McDonald's. We stopped there for breakfast. This is what I had. Everything else looked... heavy. The smoothie was good and I think it kept my blood sugar up the rest of the trip because this is all I had in 12 + hours. I don't remember what I had the night before, but I doubt it was substantial. This kept me going. There were a lot of people who stopped at this McDonald's for breakfast. People kept making comments to us about the walk and I was like... stop! I just wanted to eat. I didn't want to talk about the walk. As we got further south, people started honking at us. Apparently everyone on the island knows about this non-event walk. Of course, it didn't help that the people I was walking with kept doing the sign to every truck that passed to get them to honk their horn.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment