![]() |
| Newport, RI April 2015 |
A little while later one of the more senior guys started playing what I believe is the Admin office theme song. It's the "Everything is Awesome" song from the Lego Movie. It's really funny, especially at that time, because everything was difficult and most certainly not awesome. But it's still awesome because we do awesome things. So it's a good theme song. Shortly thereafter the junior guy turned around in his chair put his hands out in the air and said, more fervently this time, "Today is a fantastic day and I mean it!" Hence why the theme song is appropriate-- even when things aren't awesome, they are.
Also on Friday, our CMC sent out an email saying his family had found an abandoned kitten and they wanted to give it away to a good home. I really wanted to say yes because sometimes it gets really lonely, but I didn't. Someone else adopted the kitten. I was going to name it Captain Sparkles.
The best story of the week is after finishing my Admin Board, I made my way back to my building. As I'm walking up the stairs to go to my office, the person going down the stairs said, "there she is, the scary person. I don't want to be around you, I heard you're scary." I was like "whhhaat? Who said that? Did someone really say that?" I try hard to be approachable, keep things light, keep things funny, and overall not be an overbearing person, so I was surprised. They guy was like "yeah, someone said that." Then he was out the door. I was a little taken aback. Me? Scary? Who on earth would say that and be serious about it. Clearly I had failed someone in the command if they thought I was scary. I really wanted to know who it was.
Later that guy came to my office with his wife because they had a question about the Family Readiness Group. He again said something like, "there's the scary person, we have a question for you." I said "did someone really say that, like really say it and mean it?" He said yes, it was the spouse of a person at the command. He then said, "in your defense, the command member said, 'what? yeah, if you're afraid of kittens I can see how you'd be afraid of her.'" Then I thought it was funny. As long as it isn't someone I work with on a regular basis.

No comments:
Post a Comment