Monday, September 5, 2016

The first half of the really, really long walk

The beginning of the walk

Guam at night in the town part.  I never come up this far north.

An interesting tree.

Sunrise, beautiful clouds

Pottery in a wall

Plumeria

Interesting coloration

Guam has many beautiful flowers

A three pointed cactus plant

More interesting plants

A Guam license plate with the red flowers

Coconuts

This cow.  Always this cow.

Cars on top of a building.  I hope the tropical storms don't blow them off.
On Saturday I woke up really early and went on a really, really long walk.  21 miles.  These are the pictures I took during the first half.  The walk was the "base to base" walk.  I thought this was an actual thing.  It's not.  It's typical of Guam, kinda haphazard, not really thought out.  Apparently every six months, this person organized via facebook a walk from Anderson AFB to Naval Base Guam.  It's 21 miles between the two.  I was invited the Friday before and thinking it was an actual thing, I went.  Well, it was not very exciting.  It was just a lot of walking.  And it was hot.  We started at 0330, but I would suggest starting at 0000, if you do it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment