 |
| Lion fish just chilling. |
 |
| The coral here is really colorful. I thought this contained a nice variety. |
 |
| How many tiny blue fish do you see? |
 |
| This is the coolest fish. It has brown spots, but a yellow dorsal fin and purple tail. It looks like a stegosaurus. |
 |
| These purple fish were my favorite. They look blue underwater but the red filter makes them purple again. There were swarms of them and you just swam right through. |
 |
| Peek a boo! |
 |
| I filmed myself falling into the water. This is slash down. |
 |
| This clown fish lived in that squishy thing with his family (kids not pictured). He was really mad we were so close and tried to attack us. We fled in terror. |
 |
| I think I have a better picture of this somewhere, but there are striped fish that all like to live on that one plant. The other's done have them. |
 |
| Count the tiny blue fish. |
 |
| See the small, white, tube like fish living in the anemone? |
 |
| That funny looking seaweed isn't seaweed. It's garden eels. They just float like that. Hundreds or thousands of them. I couldn't get a great picture because the go in there hole if you get too close. |
All these pictures are from the first day of diving. The second day of diving is in the books. Four dives today. 0800, 1030, 1400, 1600. It was a lot. I woke up around 0530 and went to watch the sunrise. I forgot I was going to go for a run until I was already dressed, so I was like, eh. I did go for another walk, Carina went for a run. Around 0700 I ate breakfast. Waffles. It was good, but the topping they put on was cold. Who puts cold berries and fruits on top of a waffle? At least we know. We went on our first dive and it was good. We came back and turned right around for our second. On the second dive, we combined with another group for the boat trip. That dive was also a good dive. I liked it better than the first. We broke for lunch and I don't remember what I ate. Carrot soup was involved. The on to the afternoon dives. The group again joined us for the third dive, but the fourth was just two other people and us. Currents weren't bad today. They were there, but they weren't pushing us around like they did the first day. My GoPro broke on the first afternoon dive. I don't know what's wrong with it, but I think the SD card went bad. I am going to see if I can purchase one from the resort tomorrow. Ahhh. No wonder I've been having problems with the videos, they are probably all corrupted. So I don't have any pictures from the afternoon dives. On the fourth dive, since I didn't have a camera, I just swam around a lot. I enjoyed the swimming aspect of it. At one point, while waiting for the others I decided to just swim in circles because I liked swimming with the fishes. Then I decided not to because going crazy underwater is a sign that you need medical attention. So I didn't want to panic anyone.
The thing I learned today when we combined with the other group is that there are some serious divers in the world. These people literally go on weeks long vacations and travel around a country to all the different dive spots. I like diving, but for me it is a diversion, not a life pursuit. I'm enjoying this trip, but it would be more fun if we only did three dives a day... or two. I realized today that I'm not hardcore about diving. It is fun. I really enjoyed the fourth dive, but I enjoyed it because I enjoyed swimming underwater, not because I wanted to see coral. I like current dives because then you get to challenge yourself against the current. It's more fun that way. Oh yeah, and diving you get to see some stuff, too. We'll see how tomorrow goes.
I'm trying to think of other things, but you are literally diving all day. There isn't much conversation underwater, so not much to write about. We saw lots of cool fish that I don't remember the names of. No giant sea turtles today, just a little one. This place has a lot of unusual looking creatures. They are small and difficult to find, but cool to see. I have multiple jellyfish stings and sunburn. That's about all I know. I need to get to bed now. I will try to post more pics tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment