![]() |
| They threw water up to "Santa" because it was probably 95 degrees with a heat index of well over 100. |
Team 15 Day finally came! All those posts about fundraisers and whatnot were for Team 15 day. It was a bit anti-climatic. It would have been cool if people showed up, but only a handful of people came. The booth is an awards ceremony. If we didn't give out awards, I'm not sure if we would have even had the numbers we had. One of our Petty Officers, who is from Puerto Rico, dressed up as Santa, rode a fire truck, and threw candy to the kids. That part was fun. We all laughed watching him get dressed. He put the beard on upside down the first time. I felt a little bad because it was so hot with no clouds in the sky for shade. Next year I need to see about making this a smaller event. It was a huge burden on people to raise the money for the bounce houses and all the other stuff and then no one came. I'm not in charge, but I can voice my opinion on the matter.











No comments:
Post a Comment