New Year's Eve was a tempered fun. We went to another JAGs house and played games for a bit. I like games. It gives some structure to social time. Then we went back to my friend's house. They weren't there because they had a family emergency so that's the tempered part. It was sad to be without them and knowing why. Still, it was an enjoyable evening. We stayed up until midnight and that's when the racket started. Guam likes celebrating things with random gunfire. So that's what you hear in the video. Those aren't fireworks. Then they had a parade at midnight. I took a video of the parade but it exceed's blogger's limits so if I can figure out how to condense the file size, I will post it. It is very typical of a Guam parade.
We went out onto the roof and took a video while the gunfire was going on. I ended up spending the night at my friend's on the couch because I didn't want to get hit with a stray bullet or something.
No comments:
Post a Comment