 |
| Behold, I have conquered! |
 |
| It was a sweaty hike. Steep and rocky, just they way I like it. Good thing we went at 0600. |
 |
| The chasm beneath. |
 |
| Waiting for people to catch up with me. It took longer than expected, and I wanted to get to work by 1000. |
 |
| He jumped in the water, which is fine to do when there is no current. If there is a current, watch out, major danger zone. |
 |
| The amount of foliage on this hike surprised me. It was very dense. |
 |
| The team. |
 |
| Stay awesome, tree. |
 |
| The steep, rocky path. |
 |
| More steep, rocky path. I should add the rocks were very sharp. You didn't want to slip on them. |
 |
| Rope help. This is another person I frequently hang with. He's the house husband of the female in a lot of my other pictures. |
 |
| The reason the rock was so sharp is that it was coral. They used to be the home of fishes. Then they rose above the sea and fishes couldn't live there anymore. But you can see the imprint of coral here. |
 |
| This was Paget Cave. You could go inside and see it, but I wanted to get back so I skipped it. Guess I'll have to do this one again sometime. |
 |
| The crew on the other side of the rock. |
 |
| The view at the edge of the hike. |
 |
| Sitting on the rock to take this pic was actually really uncomfortable due to the sharp coral. |
 |
| Again, you can tell it's coral and the view was straight down. It was definitely a cliff. |
 |
| This is a quick shot inside the cave. It was dark and their were bugs. |
 |
| This little crab went into his shell when I was walking by. You can see his purple legs sticking out. |
For command PT on Friday, one of the guys organized a group hike to Paget Cave. It was a great hike. Only problem was it was kind of far. So by the time we drove there, did the hike, and drove back, it was pretty late. I left earlier because I wanted to get to work, but some of them stayed behind and actually explored the cave, which is filled with water. You take a light with you and put it in the water and it illuminates the cave. The humidity was really high that day so it was constant sweat. I'm a little bummed my gopro didn't take better pics. A lot of them turned out blurry, but the hike was gorgeous. Formal coral that was surrounded by thick vegetation. Awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment